Sunday, February 27, 2005

Image Sizing


Instructivist - I'm playing with Picasa to see how I can control the display size. Posted by Hello

OK, I've managed to resize the image. If you look at the img tag that Picasa uses to place the image in the post, it will look something like this:

img style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); margin: 2px;" src="http://photos1.blogger.com/img/263/3828/1024/russia.jpg" border="0" /
Now, what I did to get the width correct was add width="550" right before the last slash, which defines the image as being 550 pixels wide. The new tag looks like this:
img style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); margin: 2px;" src="http://photos1.blogger.com/img/263/3828/1024/russia.jpg" border="0" width="550" /
I'd say, from looking at your blog, that a width of 500 to 550 pixels would be about the right width for you.

If you have any questions, send me another email or drop a comment here. The E-Mail Me! form is not forwarding me messages, so if you drop something there I won't get it.

Oh, for the rest of you who are reading this and don't go by the nom-de-blog Instructivist, the reason I'm using this photo is that he posted it on his blog a couple of days back as part of a post about a really cool web exhibit. Click here to check out his post on it.

TOPIC: Random